dead men tell no tales...

...and drink no wine, and are therefore no good at parties

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

how curious...

So, my money issues have, recently, made me a bit of a worry-wart. I think a lot of things hit at once, and that included me paying all my outstanding bills in late February, then having nearly no money when I got paid the first of the month, and of course, 75% of my first paycheck each month is spoken for by rent. This morning I got up, knowing I did not have enough money to get enough gas to go to work, were it not for the generosity of my Heather and the Lincoln she left at my house... or if my paycheck had actually gone through. So, I wake up, check my account balance at mechbank.com, and there's $2.55... obviously, my direct deposit had not gone through. I fume, I scream (inside my head of course, it was 6:30am) and eventually I leave my apartment to go to work, stopping at Valero for 2.1 gallons of gas... enough to get me to work and back, and maybe back there again Wednesday morning (but not back home after that). I get in at 7:30... no more than an hour has gone by... and I check the balance... And I have money. Thank god. Not sure why it took until 7 or 7:30am to show on the bank website, but whatever. I have some bills to pay, some people to buy drinks for, and my girl and I are steppin' out to Prima Ristorante friday night for some yummies and (for me, at least) a little wine. So, the day "started" shitty, but then got good so fast I can just say my day has started quite nicely.




<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?