dead men tell no tales...

...and drink no wine, and are therefore no good at parties

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

i actually worked out yesterday...

...yeah, went to the gym. No, really, I did. Half an hour on the elliptical, jogged 2.5 miles. Yes, really. I burned like 500 calories, that's not bad... well... it won't be bad as I start to eat better. I am too going to eat better! Yes, yes I am! Stop laughing. Okay now you're hurting my feelings. Thank you. In other news the A's came back from a 3-0 5th inning deficit to take the lead 4-3, then came back from a 7-4 6th inning deficit to win 9-7 last night, snapping both the White Sox' 8-game winning streak, and the A's own 29-inning scoreless streak. Thank christ. Kendall, Chavez, Kielty and Swisher each had two hits, and Chavez drove in 3 runs. Harden got roughed up though, giving up 5 runs in five and a third innings, raising his season ERA from a gaudy 0.44 to a still-impressive (and more maintainable) 2.10. In fantasy news, I still hate the Yankees. However, A-Rod is on my fantasy team, and last night against the The Angels Angels, the quarter-billionaire went 4-for-5 with 3 home runs and an absolutely ridiculous 10 RBI. His performance was worth 27 fantasy points... the best team in our league for their entire best week score 275. I think my team is finally waking up (I've scored more points this week than anyone else in the league, and am winning my two games by margins of about 24 and about 58 points. If I win both games this week (against my dad (a division opponent) and Andy), I will pull to .500 on the season, and will have gotten progressively better each week (0-2, 1-1, 1-1, 2-0). Plus, I think my team only looks to get better, with guys like Swisher, McPherson, and Reed getting confidence in their playing time, guys like Renteria and A-Rod who were struggling (are, in the case of Edgar) but will be solid all year long, Rocco Baldelli coming off my DL in July, and the best hitter (Delmon Young) and best pitcher (Felix Hernandez) in the minor leagues sitting, waiting for their shots at The Show. Oh yeah. Working out rules. I just feel good. Even though it was yesterday afternoon. Today I'm gonna go back, do more elliptical and maybe, just maybe, attack a nautilus machine or two (they intimidate me). I made me a workout mix on my iPod, because it kept shuffling to downbeat songs yesterday that just killed me. Without further adieu: AIR - Alpha Beta Gaga Alice in Chains - Them Bones Andre 3000 - Hey Ya! At the Drive-in - One Armed Scissor Beck - Ghettochip Malfunction (Hell Yes remix) Beck - E-Pro Beck - Mixed Bizness Beck - Milk & Honey Big Boi - The Way You Move Bush - Machinehead Cake - Let Me Go Counting Crows - Hangin' Around The Darkness - Get Your Hands Off My Woman Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up, Look Sharp Dizzee Rascal - Jus' A Rascal Faith No More - From Out of Nowhere Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Two Tribes Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out Franz Ferdinand - This Fire Hot Hot Heat - You Owe Me an IOU The Jayhawks - Come to the River Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl? Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness Junior Senior - Move You Feet The Killers - Somebody Told Me Korn - Got the Life Mu - Why I Left Mu - Jealous Kids Muse - Hysteria The Music - Breakin' N*E*R*D - Things Are Getting Better New Found Glory - Hit or Miss The New Radicals - You Get What You Give Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds Nine Inch Nails - Every Day is Exactly the Same Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon The Rapture - Olio The Rapture - I Need Your Love Saliva - Your Disease Saliva - Doperide Saliva - Click Click Boom Slayer - Raining Blood SR71 - Right Now Usher - Yeah! Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days Blur - Song 2 Deftones - My Own Summer Dub Pistols - Keep Movin' Fenix TX - Phoebe Cates Korn - A.D.I.D.A.S. Tupc & Dr. Dre - California Love I'm not sure why I just did that. 228 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes, 59 seconds




<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?