dead men tell no tales...

...and drink no wine, and are therefore no good at parties

Monday, May 02, 2005

 

A weekend without rest is not really a weekend at all...

It's been a long weekend. I left work early on Friday for no good reason, and I am hoping my boss simply didn't notice (as she, too, was absent for the afternoon). I can't remember what happened Friday... I believe we went to Dan's and that's about it. I really don't remember. I just know I didn't make it to the gym and I'm a little hurt by my own actions, there. Saturday, made it out to the A's game which was awesome because Greg, Neel, Mr. Pinkjeans, was in town from Santa Hanna-Barbera (et tu, Booboo?)... And the A's won, in extras. Saturday night, we went back out to the bar, to help Angel celebrate his birthday in fine pukeity-yakkin' style (or fashion, if you prefer). Poor bastard booted at his place of employment. Sorry, scooted away there for second to, y'know, work. Anyway I got completely fucking fucked on Saturday and paid, dearly, dearly, dearly on Sunday morning... though Heather did everything in her power to make me feel better. And I have to say, she is nothing if not excellent at that. Anyway, we headed to Costco and I spent $60 on lunches for a month... which would be great, considering I am extremely hardpressed to get a lunch out for less than, say $6... and even that is lucky. With 12 bagel dogs, 6 chicken bakes, and 12 chicken sandwiches... plus the fixin's for at least a dozen sandwiches... I should be able to keep my lunch budget under tight restraing for at least the time being. My freezer looks odd with so many boxes though, I can say that. After that we went to Aaron's/Adam's barbeqeue... hung with rssl (rock) and got to see Messier for the first time in maybe 18 months... and he brought his god damn fiancee! I know, I couldn't believe it either. At any rate, we left fairly early... 8:30... to get home in time to catch the new Family Guy. Very funny, though Heather was noticeably miffed at the exclusion of the "Go. Away. Fat Man." comment from Stewie, which must have been teasing a future episode. We also watched American Dad. Family Guy was hilarious. So much so that it was equally as funny as American Dad was not so. I know... that's some interesting grammar. Feel free to correct me if you have the requisite adamantium cojones. I miss writing and I want to get my book about Disney really started... I am finding it so very hard. Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money... [ listening to: Jack Johnson - Sitting, Waiting, Wishing | Gavin DeGraw - I Don't Want To Be | Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds | Anna Nalick - Breathe (2am) | Howie Day - Collide ]




<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?