dead men tell no tales...

...and drink no wine, and are therefore no good at parties

Friday, June 24, 2005

 

ain't no drama

I was talking to Heather the other day... well... wait. We talk every day, and I can't, for the life of me, remember when the particular conversation I'm about to reference actually took place.

Where was I?

So I was talking to Heather, and she and I agreed that, among the many, many reasons we are sickeningly happy with each other, one that stands out is this: we're not into drama. Don't want it, don't need it, and it doesn't seem to follow either of us wherever we go. We've both (heck, everyone I know can say this) dated people in the past that either were sources of drama themselves, or who happened to get swallowed up by the drama caused by people around them, through no fault of their own, outside, perhaps, a lack of character judgement whilst selecting compatriates.

Anyway... just one more reason I love my woman with all my heart.

A couple interesting links from around the Intarwebs today...

Over at Something Awful were two great reads today... a Photoshop Phriday pheature on "Sensationalized News Stories," and a scathingly harsh review of what is apparently a sincerely, honestly, and in all other ways shitty German cyberpunk RPG called "Restricted Area."

The head of "privacy" (yeah, right) for internet advertising giant DoubleClick is now spreading the paranoia that ad-blocking software will signal the death knell for free content on the 'web... right... and Open Source Software died long ago. Really, it doesn't exist! Put down that copy of OpenOffice, you're ruining my theory! via MarketingVOX, who got it via Slashdot.

Those of you who use Blogger (like, say, me... and Eric, and Heather, and Russ, and Vogue, and who-knows-who-else...) may be interested to learn that Blogger now gives you 300MB worth of free image storage for use in your blogs. Be sure to follow that link... there's a cute cat there. via Lifehacker.

If you haven't yet, go read my girlfriend's account of her harrowing blood donation experience. As if I needed another reason to be terrified of needles!

Greg and Danny... if you two are reading this, you know who you are... where are your blogs? C'mon, get on board here!





<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?