dead men tell no tales...

...and drink no wine, and are therefore no good at parties

Friday, July 15, 2005

 

so i burned the shit out of my thumb.

Last night I must have been celebrating something. Can't, for the life of me, think of what that might be, but I was celebrating something, all right.

Got home last night late. Heather dropped me off around 12:15 or 12:20, something like that. I was craving these little veggie spring rolls we bought from Costco, so I preheated the oven, and turned on HBO to watch Bad Boys II. The oven dinged, I stick the baking sheet with 10 nummy spring rolls on it (they're only like two inches long each) and set the timer for 5 mins. Timer goes off, I grab the dish towel to take the baking sheet out, no prob, flip the little buggers over and go to stick them back in the oven. Apparently, this time, I had just one layer of dish towel between the 400 degree baking sheet and my thumb, because I now have a blister on my thumb the size of a popcorn kernel. I know, not that huge, but still, big.

The rest of the baking went fine and the spring rolls were munched with delicious fervor.

Tonight, Heather and I are going out to dinner for her birthday, with both our sets of parents. It will be the first time they've spent more than 45 minutes around each other. I know it will go fine. I think I'll get a haircut after work.





<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?