dead men tell no tales...

...and drink no wine, and are therefore no good at parties

Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

Blogger self-referential retro

I've run many websites in the past. The most recent before this one was the now-dead Drunkwisdom.com. My first post on that blog occurred on January 26, 2004... and here it is:

In a world where blogs have become the ultimate cliche, and I should know, I had one admittedly after they stopped being cool, but before the days of LiveJournal and Blogspot, and whatever those other plug-and-play blogs are called, existed. So ask me, and I'll tell you: yeah, this is pretty stupid and unless I'm goddamn sure I have something to say, I should just shut up.

I just didn't want to do my LiveJournal anymore.

I missed the days of running my own blog so I'm back. In the past I was halfinchlimp.com, parsemag.com, ihateyourfavoriteband.com, thesportspub.net, I was involved with drunkgamers.com and the experiemental (as in 'failed experiment') d-ex-m.com... so that's me. And whoever you are, I'm sure that's just dandy.

Now for an aside:

    My Top Five Autobiographical Song-Related Life Moments (in chronological order)
  1. Young MC - 'Pick Up the Pace' (1991) - 'Sang' this song in a fifth grade talent show. Represented the peak of my disillusioned 'wigga' stage. I was so fucking ahead of my time.
  2. Nirvana - 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' (1992) - Like many kids my age, this song knocked my 12-year-old ass out of my 'I wanna be a hip-hoppin MC' stage into my still-extant One Who Loves The Rock stage.
  3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - 'Under the Bridge' (1994) - First slow dance. Eighth grade. Probably popped wood, don't remember. Definately got no play.
  4. Sparklehorse - 'Happy Man (EV11 Mix)' (2002) - First song I was introduced to by my original partner during our first radio show at KCSC in Chico. Confirmed to me that the DJ gig was a perfect way to hear new music. Getting with my partner (yes she was a chick, no she wasn't as cute as I thought at the time) on the other hand, never happened.
  5. Broken Social Scene - 'Looks Just Like the Sun' (2003) - "You Forgot It In People" got stuck in my car stereo for a little over a month right before I graduated from college. Never got tired of this song, and it still brings back fond memories of 100 degree days, 85% humidity, huge gin'n'tonics, and starting a weight loss process that turned my fat ass (can anyone say 285 pounds?) into something respectable and, if nothing else, healthy.

So what was I saying? Right, generic blogger introduction. Hell it must be over by now.

I'll leave you with this: Carolina +7, and take the under. I'm either walking away from next Sunday up about $100 or down about $80. Wish me luck. Or don't, you stinking, rotting bastards.

Looking through the dregs of my nearly-2-year-old web server space can be fun. I seemed a little meaner back then, or maybe that's just my imagination... we are talking the "me" of 19 months ago...

That shit's all gone, though... I cleaned out the server. I have another 16 months of freeness on that server, then it will be time to move (because I don't think 1and1.com will match some of the really good hosting offers out there)... actually, I just felt like cleaning up stevepaulo.com / sp4.us / rendo.us / happiestpageonearth.com / apolloadmedia.com (I think those are my last-left domain names).






<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?