...and drink no wine, and are therefore no good at parties
It's been a good day.
- Woke up around 8:00am
- Laid in bed until about 9:30. Checked my mail and Bloglines with the laptop, in bed (hooked up to the DSL mode by physical cable, unfortunately.
- Comcast guy, who was supposed to show up between 10:00am and noon, arrived at about 9:55am. Within a half-hour or so, we had HDTV channels and our new cable modem hooked up.
- Eric gets the wireless router all working and secured (120-something bit WEP key and all)
- Cancelled SBC service. All of it. Will nevereverever deal with them again. Would rather get digital phone from Comcast, Astound, or Vonage if I really need a landline.
- Lunch from Baja Fresh. Yummy fish tacos.
- Got redwhiteandblog.net about 80% done. Even with the Super Bowl tomorrow, I may get it that last 20% done and launched, long before my "hopeful" deadline.
- I watched five episodes of Entourage season 2. OnDemand rocks.
And now I'm watching Daffy Duck's QuackBusters and posting from the big comfy chair in the front room. Heather's on her way up here sometime in the very near future, and it sounds like we're going out on the town tonight... if only for a short while, as she has class again tomorrow morning... or, rather, all of tomorrow.
Anyway, pretty good day... one black mark on the day is my inability to get Printer and File Sharing working between my laptop and my desktop. Everything looks right. Both have internet access. On occasion, they seem to be able to see each other on the network, but I always get an error when I try to access the desktop's shared drive.
Anyone with any insight, feel free to help.
Still, a good day so far, with no downturn in sight. Haven't even seen Heather yet today, and my day ALWAYS gets better when I see her for the first time. So I got that going for me.